List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror/view source
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-06-15 23:27:50

On Fri, Jun 16, 2000 at 01:30:07AM +0200, Rob Kaper wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 05:01:32PM -0700, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > Yup. Often you want to have source and rendered version next to each other.

I just changed the implementation so that an external viewer is launched - stop
asking for it :-)

> Perhaps a split view like WordPerfect would be nice after all. ;-)
Not on small screens and huge files - besides, the view could already be split.

> Having embedding disabled should just be ignored because "view source" is
> really a special case and not a normal inclusion of a text/plain file in
> Konqueror.
Right - done.

> Then there was the problem that kwrite might not be installed, in which case
> one could still use an external viewer (konsole -e less or whatever). Or
> there might be room for a simple plain text viewer in kdebase/konqueror.
kwrite is in kdebase/kwrite now, so it's getting really hard not to have it
installed :-)

But all khtml does is to say to KRun : run me this thing as a text file.
It will open it with your preferred editor, be it xemacs, vim, or konsole -e less. :)

http://home.clara.net/faure/