List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kde complaints and requests
From:       Don Sanders <don () sanders ! org>
Date:       2000-06-12 22:06:43

On Mon, 12 Jun 2000, Robert Burke wrote:

> Kmail
>
> The above was written priorly. I have configured Kmail and am using it. I am
> disappointed. I have the same complaint as previously, too many clicks to
> get the job done. To move a file from one folder to another I must open a
> menu and click "ok". Using the mail program that comes with netscape is
> much more simple. Merely highlight the email I want to move, open the
> "file" menu, and click on the folder I want it to go to.
> Would that Kmail were so convenient.

Open the message menu select move to and click on the folder you want it to
go to. Or faster right click select move to and click on the folder you want,
or alternatively drag and drop (some people hae reported problems with the
dnd but I cannot reproduce them).

> Once again, the complaint is for options, the option to eliminate steps,
> especially "ok" clicks.

This is pretty weird, are you even using the latest version of KMail?

You can bring up a menu by pressing the 'm' key but this is a non obvious
feature for people who truly hate mouse devices.

> The address book in Kmail only lists the email address as far as I can
> discern. There is no space people's names, addresses, or phone numbers. I
> am expected to remember what email address goes with each person. Sometimes
> the email address bears little similarity to the person's name. Also, I
> prefer to list the email address alphabetically by last name, rather than
> email address.

The address book is being worked on.

BFN,
Don.