List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kde complaints and requests
From:       Mirko Sucker <mirko.sucker () unibw-hamburg ! de>
Date:       2000-06-12 16:10:43

Robert Burke wrote:
> KDE Address Book aka Kab
>
>         I thank you for the effort that has gone into kab. It is a good start
> with many useful features. I have made it my address book of choice.
>
> I want options for this utility.
> 1. a print preview, why should I have to print it out to preview it?
> 2. ability to change the size and number of the columns and rows both in a
> menu and with the mouse, the latter especially in print preview. That is, the
> ability to put the mouse arrow on a line and move it
> 3. ability to change the size and type of font
> 4. ability to change or remove headers and footers
> 5. ability to change colors, fonts, background
> patterns, and positions of information on the template presented on screen.
> 6. sometimes information from one field prints over another when order of
> printing so effects. For example, if email field is chosen before street
> address it prints over street address in the same column.
Printing is not implemented in the version for KDE 2, currently. Sorry.
I will add this ASAP.
> 7. In the Contact menu, there is room for only 1 voice phone number. Most
> people have two phone numbers to reach them, work and home. Put in two blanks
> instead of only one.
You may add different telephone numbers in the current version.
> 8. ability to choose what items to display on screen template. Information
> entered in the menus is not displayed, nor do I see an option for them.
> 9. In address menu there is no blank for Route Number, Suite, Apartment, usw.
> As it stands I place the suite number and the street address on the same line.
> 10. ability to list by people's names and corporation's name separately, that
> is in different groups. As it stands I have Veteran's Administration right
> after Van der Meulen. One is a person, one is an institution. Better to list
> only by people in one group, and then by organizations.
You mean you want to specify the sorting order of entries? Good idea.
> 11. regarding print command menu: ability to leave the last fields entered be
> the default setting until changed in order to print, that is, name,
> address, city/town,usw. remain as the field of choice as chosen for the
> next time this print menu comes up rather than having to reset them each time I
> want to print. Ugh.
I will have a look at your suggestions.
Greetings,
--Mirko.
--
Drei Dinge gibt es, denen alle Menschen gern gemütlich zuschauen:
° fliessendes Wasser,