List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kmail slow
From:       "Wilco Greven" <j.w.greven () student ! utwente ! nl>
Date:       2000-06-09 20:07:37

On Fri, Jun 09, 2000 at 01:37:22PM -0400, Dan Pilone wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Jun 2000, Rik Hemsley wrote:
> > Hmm, I do that in Empath, but not a child id - a message may have more than
> > one children !
>
> 	Ok, I've gotta ask. I've seen Empath being updated regularly, and I
> understand it's all broken into parts, but how are you even testing it?  I'd
> like to play with it some, and got it to build, but I'm at a loss as to how
> to do anything with it.  I even tried loading various parts with my little
> part tester I'm using for KPilot but to no avail... Thanks --  Dan

The message viewer and librmm can easily be tested using Konqueror or probably
your message viewer. The only thing you need is a Maildir folder. You can
create one using one of the tools in the Empath directory.

I think it was a good decision to temporarily halt Empath's development and
concentrate on KDE's core libraries for a while. With a stable API it will be
much easier to continue development.

Wilco