List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: doubleClicked in toolbar/KAction
From:       Lotzi Boloni <boloni () cplane ! com>
Date:       2000-06-04 23:25:04

> I don't see any possibility to support "DoubleClick" since I can't think of a
> way to support that and still respect the users "use single click" setting.

  The use single click setting is not applied to toolbars, which always
work for single click. The double/single click controversy applies to
cases when you have one action (e.g. starting the application) activated
for single or double click.

  Now, unless you are completely against double click anywhere, it makes
sense to have a different action for single click and for double. I would
like to do something like the KDE 1.1 pager for the konsole buttons (even
if the in-place editing is not workable).

  Another application of double-click for toolbar buttons would be like
the MS Office style painter:
-one click: it returns to normal mode after one paint
-double click: it sticks down until it is unlocked with a new click.

  Ok, this is just a matter of taste. But I guess that the idea of
associating secondary actions is a good one and not too difficult to
implement.

           Lotzi