List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Moving a QListViewItem
From:       Don Sanders <don () sanders ! org>
Date:       2000-06-02 1:59:43

On Fri, 02 Jun 2000, Charles wrote:
> Does anyone have an idea on how to move a QListViewItem safely?
>
> Just copying the strings in a QListViewItem makes it impossible to handle if
> the item has an image, or someone has created their own QListViewItem (class
> MyItem : public QListViewItem).  I need a generic way of doing this?
>
> See if you can finish this function :)

/* Insert documentation here, what is this method meant to do?  */

> void KListView::moveItem(QListViewItem *item, QListViewItem *after)
> {
// insert sanity checks
      if (item->parent())
         item->parent()->takeItem( item )
     else
         takeItem( item );

     if (after)
         after->insertItem( item );
     else
         insertItem( item );
> }

Might do something close to what you want, I didn't test it at all.

BTW: I'm not too sure how good an idea KListView is, I want my inheritance trees
to be as shallow as possible.

BFN,
Don.