List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Feature idea/app-starting
From:       Antonio Larrosa <antlarr () arrakis ! es>
Date:       2000-05-31 16:32:45

Waldo Bastian wrote:

> On Tue, 30 May 2000, Bill Soudan wrote:
> > Something that's bugged me for a long time.
> >
> > I haven't updated my KDE2 installation since Konfucious, so if this has
> > already been implemented, please forgive me.
> >
> > How about 'remembering' the desktop that is currently selected when an
> > application is started, and then making sure that the application's first
> > window is mapped onto this desktop?  This has always bugged me about KDE1.
> > I'll often take a pass through my desktops when I first log in, and start
> > up the applications that I like to have running on each one.
> > Unfortunately, I need to wait until the applications maps its window
> > before I can change.
> >
> > Anyone else think this would be a good idea?  It seems intuitive to me to
> > make sure the application actually pops up on the desktop you start it on.
>
> Very good idea.. this annoys me as well... maybe Rik can add support for this
> with his app-starting notification.

What about adding another item in the popup menu that KWin creates when
clicking RMB on the titlebar that reads something like "remember window state" ?
When clicked, KWin could store the desktop/geometry of the window and
set it when that window appear again.

Is that work for the wm ?

Greetings,

--