List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: What am I missing?
From:       Jason Stephenson <panda () mis ! net>
Date:       2000-06-01 1:25:13

On Wed, 31 May 2000, Daniel Naber wrote:

> #!/bin/sh
> export KDEDIR=/home/dnaber/prg/kde2
> export QTDIR=/home/dnaber/prg/qt
> export PATH=$KDEDIR/bin:$PATH
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$KDEDIR/lib:$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> $KDEDIR/bin/kmail

I've got something similar. In fact, I have a test account set up like that
which runs kde 2 on with startx.

I noticed I have a directory KDEDIR/share/mimelnk which has subdirectories with
desktop files that I assume are for the mime types. I checked in kdelibs and
the mime type files are there. I've not had any problems before, when using
cvsup. Has anything much changed last night?

Everything appears to be installed and configured correctly as far as I can
tell. I did all the proper incantations (make -f Makefile.cvs; configure; make
install) in what I remember to be the proper order (qt-copy, kdesupport,
kde-qt-addon, kdelibs, kdebase, kdenetwork). I configured qt with -sm -gif
-system-libpng -system-jpeg. I'm stumped. Has it happened to anyone else?