List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: And still, KDatePicker again
From:       Stephan Kulow <Stephan.Kulow () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-05-31 21:19:44

Mirko Sucker wrote:

> Lotzi Boloni wrote:
> >
> >   I am sorry, but when I enter 20001212 I get
> >
> > KDatePicker::setDate: refusing to set invalid date.
> > QDate::setYMD: Invalid date 1920/00/12
> > KDateValidator::date: invalid date 1920/0/12.
> For explanation, see the other mail ...
>
> Just some thoughts.
>
> I chose this input format as it is
> ° entered rather fast once you understood ;-|
> ° is useable for all dates supported by QDate
>
> Extending it by locale->readDate() may be a good idea, but something
> standardized is needed, I think.
>
> So more suggestions?
> If not, I will have a look at the validator to extend it to accept dates
> parseable by locale->readDate().

I removed all the code there and put a simple readDate in there. The
user
will get the current date so it knows the input format. Guessing is no
option here  (if I wouldn't have read the mail, I would never have
guessed
that you have to type in 20000531 - I would have tried 31052000 first.
This year it might be an illegal date, but next year... ;-)

Greetings, Stephan

--
... but you ain't had mine