List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: And still, KDatePicker again
From:       Malte Starostik <starosti () zedat ! fu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2000-05-31 12:09:59

On Mit, 31 Mai 2000, Lotzi Boloni wrote:
> I am sorry, but when I enter 20001212 I get
BTW, just to add some noise, I'd say for an average user this input format is
all but straightforward. From my own experience with everyday office users
the least input errors are achieved if they are able to enter dates as 6 or 8
digits _in the very order short dates are displayed for their locale_ and are
allowed but not forced to type separators, too. Even better if any separator
is accepted, not just the "canonical" one. So e.g. for a German locale the
accepted input could look like mm[./- ]?dd[./- ]?(yy)?yy
Yes, I am totally aware that it requires much additional work in a l10nalized
application, but IMHO it's _really_ worth it - of course not ASAP.
-Malte, willing to examine the usability of the configured short date fmt as
an input validation.