List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: how to save the toolbar context menu's configuration
From:       tibirna () kde ! org
Date:       2000-05-31 1:46:39

On Tue, 30 May 2000, Emily Ezust wrote:

> Kurt Granroth wrote:

> > > Ah.. I see why.  The saving is done in KTMainWindow::closeEvent... but
> > > ark has reimplemented it and since it's virtual...
> > >
> > > I'm fixing and testing now.  I'll commit if it works (and it should).
> >
> > Yep, seems to work fine.  Committed.
>
> Thanks! My kdelibs is out of date so I can't tell if it worked,
> but I trust you. :-)
>
> I'm wondering about this closeEvent though... Let's say I
> change how the toolbar displays icons and then create a new
> window. I get the old configuration but it seems to me that
> I should get the new configuration. This goes for any app that
> lets you have multiple app windows (e.g., konqy).
>
> What do you think?

I'm thinking what you think, and I say so for long. For konqui, at least,
the situation persists since the times of kfm in KDE-1. But there were
larger problems which needed much work to get overran. I wonder if
closeEvent should really call saveConfig() (or whatever) as you
suggest. I'm not sure, though that's of any good to make it do so in
KTMainWindow's virtual implementation, since an app can have an infinity
of custom config files.

Hmm! Doing this at the kdelibs level would need implement a config objects
container, with a counter and a garbage collector and all.

OK, I've already fell aside, too busy for this :-)

Cristian Tibirna