List:       kde-devel
Subject:    delete behavior
From:       troy <jhtd () mts ! net>
Date:       2000-05-23 5:09:44

As far as I know, the current delete behavior is as follows:

Upon right-click, popup a menu presenting the three options (Delete, Shred,
Move to Trash) or upon delete key, do as chosen by the user in kcontrol.

I'd like to propose a slight change, nothing major, but significant enough
from the end users point of view.

<new linux user>
What doees shred mean?
</new linux user>

The option in kcontrol as it is should remain there with a fourht option to
ask the user.
The three options should be removed and merged into a single entry titled
"remove file(s)".  It should then either automatically do as selected in
kcontrol or pop up a little dialog asking the user what to do with an option
to "never ask again".

This should shorten the length of the right-click popup menu by two entries
and make it a little easier on first time users who don't need to know what
shred means.

Troy