List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: sounds in kde2
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! TU-Berlin ! DE>
Date:       2000-05-21 14:15:00

On Sun, 21 May 2000, Torsten Rahn wrote:

> such waves already do exist. They aren't played/installed yet because
> arts/knotify/kwin doesn't support system-sounds yet. Joerg Graf
> (graf@astrophysik.uni-kiel.de) made the current ones (which
> are also part of KDE 1.1.2). The current sounds are excellent
> as they are very neutral (no kewl flippy space-sounds) and as
> they reflect pretty much what one does on the desktop.

well, as we have widget and kwin themes, we should also have sound
themes! Everyone's taste is different, and KDE should offer some themes
to choose from. Also wavs, midis etc. for Games are serverely lacking!

If we don't have a group/mailinglist for sound-related things (I think
kdemultimdia doesn't apply, because it's rather development), I would
simply suggest to create some sounds, pack them together in a tarball on
ftp://upload.kde.org/pub/kde/Incoming and start some discussion about them.
on kde-devel.

Looking forward to hearing from you :o)

Cheers,
Carsten Pfeiffer