List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Threading in KDE-programs
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       2000-05-20 18:28:01

Short answer:

It is not trivial.

Longer answer: I posted a long message bout this kind of things in
kde-devel a few months ago, lists.kde.org should help you (or if someone
has the URL, please post it, I cant do it)

On Thu, 18 May 2000, Kris
Gijbels wrote:

> Question from a beginning KDE programmer :)
>
> I've never written programs with a GUI before. I've been trying out Java+Swing a
> bit, but after finding out that this tends to eat huge amounts of memory, I
> decided to try out KDE.
>
> My question: in Java you  use subclasses of class
> Thread to make well, threads. How do I do this with Qt/KDE? I have a book on Qt
> but it doesn't seem to mention this. And I can't find anything about it on the
> kde development documentation page. Is there something similar in KDE, or do I
> just use fork or the pthread-library or whatever? :)

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
The stone age didn't end for a lack of stone" Firoz Rasul