List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Threading in KDE-programs
From:       Kris Gijbels <kgijbels () vub ! ac ! be>
Date:       2000-05-18 18:54:37

Question from a beginning KDE programmer :)

I've never written programs with a GUI before. I've been trying out Java+Swing a
bit, but after finding out that this tends to eat huge amounts of memory, I
decided to try out KDE.

My question: in Java you  use subclasses of class
Thread to make well, threads. How do I do this with Qt/KDE? I have a book on Qt
but it doesn't seem to mention this. And I can't find anything about it on the
kde development documentation page. Is there something similar in KDE, or do I
just use fork or the pthread-library or whatever? :)