List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: Konqi feature request
From:       Jesper Pedersen <jep () systematic ! dk>
Date:       2000-05-18 12:23:41

One could limit the default to pictures on the current site.
Off-site pictures will complicate things, but can be done IMHO.

> I think the complications can soon get pretty big.

I know that this isn't an easy task to implement, but I think that
this feature could be of great use to new user to the web:
"Save a local copy of what I'm seeing now so I can read it later"

But lets ask the expert, David ?

(I know that alot of mine friends on the 'other' platform uses
this feature when surfing with the "you know what browser".)

> Using the Unix philosophy of dedicated tools, I think it would be nice if
Konqueror
> maybe offered a config dialog for 'wget' or some other
> utility designed to do recursive web-sucks.

This is where Caitoo fits in.

> (I would have a similar view for
> people's wish that Konqi do ad blocking, etc. -- here a configuration
> dialog for junkbuster or so would be better IMHO).

That's another aspect ;)

> Just my 2 Euros (about worth $0.02 now, eh ;-)  ).
>
> Ciao,
>
> Andreas

Cheers,

 Jesper