Am Mon, 15 Mai 2000 schrieb Carsten Pfeiffer: > On Sun, May 14, 2000 at 09:34:10PM +0200, Artur Rataj wrote: > > Hi, > > > I'd like to ask you whether it is currently possible in KDE > > to send a DSP stream via network, so if KDE uses remote X server > > it could also use the remote machine DSP, by contacting with > > a `DSP server' on the remote machine. > > yes, this should be possible with aRts - have a look at K -> Preferences > -> Sound -> Soundserver and enable network transparency and "Exchange > security and reference info over the X11 server". > For any further questions you should ask stefan@space.twc.de, I've never > used this feature. Stefan tested it in Braunschweig at the LinuxBooth, he started a mp2-player in Clausthal and heard the music in Braunschweig (these are two german cities, ca. 80 km away from each other) Ciao, Michael -- koch@kde.org, m_koch@bigfoot.de http://heaven.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de/~mkoch To me vi is Zen. To use vi is to practice zen. Every command is a koan. Profound to the user, unintelligible to the uninitiated. You discover truth everytime you use it. -- reddy@lion.austin.ibm.com