List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdegraphics
From:       Darius Stachow <dstachow () ngi ! de>
Date:       2000-05-11 13:47:13

Hello,

Unfortunately kUML still hasn't reached beta or alpha status. We're still
working on making kUML not just a simple diagram editor but a complete modeling
environment.

Reading and writing models don't work for the moment because Geoff Glasson is
working on a replacement for the current IO subsystem. He is working on a
framework that will allow to read and store models in different file formats.
The current used IO is based on human readable object serializing.

As you can't store models now all work will be lost but it can
be used to reverse engineer sourcecodes (C++ and java) and make a bitmap
snapshot of the diagrams for documentation purposes. The parsers are very
robust and shouldn't have problems with large projects (The c++ parser is
taken from kdevelop)

This year there should be stable version that can be used.

--

Darius Stachow