List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: CVS freeze for 1.90 tonight!
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-05-10 10:34:35

On Wed, May 10, 2000 at 01:18:23PM +0200, Pradu wrote:
> Stephan Kulow wrote:
> >
> > dep wrote:

> > > forgive what i'm sure is an embarrassingly elementary question, but
> > > presuming that one gets through to a cvsup server, what script
> > > modification will be needed to get the source -- simply prefacing
> > > each directory with KDE_1_90/?
> >
> > No, adding tag=KDE_1_90 to the cvsup file
> > But again: use anoncvs if it's available again :)
> >
> > Greetings, Stephan
> >
> > --
> > ... but you ain't had mine
>
> >From here anoncvs id about 10 times slower than cvsup: I was able to
> update my source tree in 1/2 hour (kde-qt-addon, kdelibs, kdebase,
> koffice, kdenetwork, kdegraphics).
>
> This morning it took 1.15 hour to update only kdebase via anoncvs.
>
> Long live cvsup!

Where are you in the world ? Europe or US ?
Which cvsup server did you use previously ?

Because, of course, for a German switching from cvsup on max to
anoncvs, it's probably the worst case.

A better test would be to set up anoncvs on machines in Europe...

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org