List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Animated Menu's
From:       Jono Bacon <jonobaconlists () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2000-05-09 11:08:46

--- mosfet <mosfet@mandrakesoft.com> wrote:
> Microsoft having them on by default isn't very
> convincing ;-) This is
> coming from the people whose first version of their
> GUI couldn't overlap
> windows :P

Come on Mosfet :-) This ain't really an
argument...it's not as if KDE is perfect is it? :-)

> Really, I think I am being quite fair by agreeing to
> have an effect in
> the standard style and allowing users to turn it on,
> then seeing how
> they react. I don't have much else to say.

You seem to be one of the few to be against it. The
reason why it is turned on in Windows is because end
users like it...and the majority of users coming to
KDE2 will be coming from a Windows background. The
animated menu's will make KDE2 look sleeker...and if
you don't like it...you can turn it off.

We need to think about end users here...not
developers. I think we should keep them on as
default...and if there are complaints about it we will
turn it off, but if we leave it off by default...users
may assume that the feature is not there...and
therefore not for the control to turn it on (they may
not know it exists).

Cheers,

        Jono

=====