List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: Before we go into Beta
From:       Martin Konold <konold () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       2000-05-08 11:54:07

On Mon, 8 May 2000, Hummel, Timo wrote:

> >1. Installation - someone on the mailing lists offered to write an
> >installation program. Is it ready? I didn't see it on CVS. If not - Why not
>
> >modify the original KDE 1.1 installation routine to fit to KDE2??
>
> I'm planning to write a graphical installation program, but first
> I have to finish the Dr. Konqi stuff. After that, I would spend some
> time developing such an installation program.

Sorry for beeing ignorant. What is this "installation program" supposed to
do? Shall it install KDE-2.0? I am aware that an installation program is
required for Windows Operating Systems in order to hide the fact that
Win9x,NT,2000 are all incompatible. But what is this "installation
program" supposed to do in exceess of launching rpm commands which can
easily be handled by a simple shell script.

Regards,
-- martin

// Martin Konold, Stauffenbergstr. 107, 72074 Tuebingen, Germany  //
KDE:  The most advanced GUI for a reliable OS.