List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kicker/kde2 behaviour
From:       Sheldon Lee Wen <sheldonl () linuxstart ! com>
Date:       2000-05-08 2:21:43

Hi,

   I just compiled todays snapshot. When I initially started kde2 kicker
segfaulted. Then I removed my .kde and Desktop directories and any .*
files
that are related, such as .MCOP, .kxml... etc. Then I started kde2 again
and
kicker didn't die but it never showed up. ps said that it was running
though.
Very odd. Also, after configuring bakgrounds etc in kcontrol the changes
never showed up until I logged out and logged back in.

Also, what is the best way to generate a bug report? It asks if I want
generate a stack trace and I do and then add when the crash occured, is
there
anything else I should be adding?

Sheldon.

"Comments are a very useful outlet for those pissed off emotions you can
get
 when coding. While there's no-one there to take it out on at 3AM, you
know
 that at some point in the future you're going to give someone a really
bad
 day." Satisfaction guaranteed. - nlvp (slashdot poster)

 For a kick ass OPL'd FRPG visit http://members.xoom.com/Lycadican