List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: unstoppable loop...
From:       Andreas Pour <pour () mieterra ! com>
Date:       2000-05-04 1:13:10

Dawit A wrote:

> On Wed, 03 May 2000, Marcos Dione wrote:
> > ok, I know it's the sysadmin responsability to fix this... but it
> > frozen my kde session till I hit ctrl alt backs....
> >
> >       if you point your browser to
> > laboratorio.mate.uncor.edu:81/grupos/apoyo you get what I mean... the site
> > says "302 - relocated @ hp17.mate.uncor.edu:81/grupos/apoyo" and there
> > says the same. So it loops and loops and loops... I just can't make konqui
> > to stop neither close. Is it already fixed? I have some old version of
> > kde2...
> >
> >       thanks and bye.
>
> I run into the same problem at another site.  I will look into it.  There is
> usually nothing kio_http ( or any io-slave ) can do if the pages on the server
> keep redirecting to themseleves, but perhaps there might be a way to limit this
> redirection.

Netscape does not accept direct or indirect self-redirects (it must keep
a list of URL's attempted and any duplication aborts the download), and
it has no problem with the page.  Using telnet I found only 1
redirection, to http://lab17.mate.uncor.edu:81/grupos/apoyo/.

However, I did find a flaw in their HTML:

<frameset rows="*">
    <frameset cols="30%,*">
        <frame src="Html/Contenido.html" name="Contenido">
        <frame src="Html/Archivos.html" name="Archivos">
    </frameset>
    <frame src="Html/Informes.html" name="Informes">
    <noframes>
    </noframes>
</frameset>

Notice that the "rows" attribute for the first frameset tag has only one
row specified although there are two rows.  I have observed before that
khtml does not handle poorly written frameset attributes gracefully.

Ciao,

Andreas