List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: AW: non blocking io, cursor shape, spinning wheel
From:       Stephan Johach <lucardus () onlinehome ! de>
Date:       2000-05-02 18:22:54

Hi!

Am Die, 02 Mai 2000 schrieb Ferdinand Gassauer:
>> I think what we need is ... a bigger spinning wheel ;-)
>I do not agree with that. More and more users tend to have a completely
>overloaded screen with all sorts of spinning, jumping, blinking things. AND
>the eyes are focused on the area around the cursor. The more you concentrate
>on what you are doing the less you are sensible to other information on the
>screen.
>I didn't say I want a "busy cursor", I said I'd like a cursor telling me
>that a (child) process startet and/or is active.
>But may be I'm alone with that ;-(

I think, you are right. I tried konqueror. It's great, but sometimes I
felt like driving a car without (or late) response on my steering action.

Sorry if this is bad english, it's difficult for me to describe it.

In my opinion changing the cursor is something worth to think
about.

Greetings,
Stephan

--
Der Träumer nur vergiftet seinen Tag
Und trägt mehr Leid, als seinen Sünden ziemt.