List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KWord development/maintainance
From:       Thomas <zander () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2000-05-02 12:23:13

Hi, I'm not really you man, since I am short on time myself, but
in trying to fix some things in KWord I found that the Makefiles
ware pretty annoying. I changed one value in one cpp file and every
file in the whole dir was rebuild. I can't wait that long to see
one change in effect...

So that is something you could do to make in more open to everybody.

THanx

> Hi!
> As many people have noticed, I was pretty quiet in KDE/KOffice
> development during the last months. Now that I will have more time for
> that again, I'd like to focus on my first pet project, which is
> KPresenter. But as I won't have as much time as in the "early days",
> I'm looking for sombody who would like to continue with KWord
> development and maintainance.
>
> While developing KWord I have leared a lot about word processing
> widgets and the stuff related to it. (BTW: I'm also developing a new
> rich text editing widget for Qt, which is already quite advanced and
> will hopefully also be a benefit for KDE). But anyway I just don't
> find the time anymore to work really on KWord. But I think this is a
> quite interesting project and I really don't want to see it as a dead
> project in the future. So if anybody here is interested in doing work
> on KWord, your are more than welcomed. Of course I will answer any
> questions regading it and I'm open for design and implementation
> discussions.
>
> So, don't be shy. I know working on a wordprocessor sounds a bit scary
> and complicated. But that's not true at all. Yes, it takes some time
> to get into that and its design, but after that it's really fun
> working at it and you will enjoy it!
>
> --
> Reggie (reggie@trolltech.com)

Here it was, a new hour, new day. Time all moments from this moment, all
beginnings from here. I opened the door and smiled.  -Me     OpenPGP : 0588D5