List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KWord development/maintainance
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2000-05-02 11:22:52

Hi!
As many people have noticed, I was pretty quiet in KDE/KOffice
development during the last months. Now that I will have more time for
that again, I'd like to focus on my first pet project, which is
KPresenter. But as I won't have as much time as in the "early days",
I'm looking for sombody who would like to continue with KWord
development and maintainance.

While developing KWord I have leared a lot about word processing
widgets and the stuff related to it. (BTW: I'm also developing a new
rich text editing widget for Qt, which is already quite advanced and
will hopefully also be a benefit for KDE). But anyway I just don't
find the time anymore to work really on KWord. But I think this is a
quite interesting project and I really don't want to see it as a dead
project in the future. So if anybody here is interested in doing work
on KWord, your are more than welcomed. Of course I will answer any
questions regading it and I'm open for design and implementation
discussions.

So, don't be shy. I know working on a wordprocessor sounds a bit scary
and complicated. But that's not true at all. Yes, it takes some time
to get into that and its design, but after that it's really fun
working at it and you will enjoy it!

--
Reggie (reggie@trolltech.com)