List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Pop-up windows always on top?
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () jadzia ! capsi ! cx>
Date:       2000-05-01 19:51:06

Shouldn't non-modeless windows of an application always be on top of any
other windows of the application?

Example:

Open Kword.
Type some.
Ctrl-W or something else to close. The "are you sure" box pops up.
Minimize the main Koffice window.
Maximize it again.

You've lost the "are you sure" box from your view and are puzzled for a
moment why you cannot do anything in Koffice/Kword until you realize the box
is underneath the main window.

Of course in this example I knew of the existance and deliberately tried to
hide the box, so I had no problem finding it again. However, this could also
happen by accident and it did happen, resulting in this e-mail.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper | cap@capsi.com cap@capsi.cx cap@atomickitten.cx cap@loves.lana.cx