List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Triggering a KAction
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-04-30 23:01:06

On Thu, Apr 27, 2000 at 08:25:47PM +0100, David Faure wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 27, 2000 at 12:03:58PM -0700, Charles wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to find a way to trigger a KAction.
> >
> > I havn't seen a function for it anywhere, and I think it's really important
> > that it is added.
>
> setChecked used to do that and it was a pain - why not simply call the action's slot ?
>
> There is perhaps a way to activate them though, not sure.

Actually there doesn't seem to be, and indeed I find it missing too
(just found a case where I need it). Since Simon used sender(),
I can't call the slot directly ;-). Not that I see a way without sender(),
though (since it's a dynamically-created list of toggable actions, we
can't have one slot per action). So...
is there any objection against me adding to KAction:

void activate();

(which would simply "emit activated();") ?

Alternatively, we could make KAction::slotActivated public, since
it does exactly that. Can't rename it though (it would mean changing
all the overriding methods). And making it public breaks BC, whereas
adding activate() doesn't. Opinions ?

http://home.clara.net/faure/