List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Q: html editor
From:       Talin <Talin () ACM ! org>
Date:       2000-04-30 17:59:14

Alexei Dets wrote:

> Yes, it seems very simple to me. But is there any _real_ need to encode
> 8-bit characters into HTML-entities? I didn't see any browser that had
> any problems with 8 bit. Or did I miss something?
>
>         Best wishes, Alexei

Try it on a Mac. The Mac has it's own high-ascii character set, which
includes the "apple" symbol, a "tm" symbol, and others that are not in
the standard ISO-Latin 1. I don't know how many Mac browsers use the Mac
character set, but I believe some do.

--
Talin (Talin@ACM.org)       "I am life's flame. Respect my name.
www.sylvantech.com/~talin    My fire is red, my heart is gold.