List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDialogBase,KJanusWidget remove method.
From:       Espen Sand <espensa () online ! no>
Date:       2000-04-30 17:09:51

On Sun, 30 Apr 2000, Stephan Heigl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i was in need of a remove mehtod in KDialogBase and "implemented" it by
> myself. But the result is really disappointig so i suggest NOT to include
> such a method in KDialogBase as well as KJanusWdgt cause it is only confusing
> for the user.

I am not surprised :) Dynamic add and/or removal is useful only in a very few
cases, if any. Disable it (gray it out) instead.

> Another thing, what is meant by "print to file" in print dialogs? only save
> the data to a ps file or apply a ppd file/other printer specific things(e.g.
> convert it to PCL) to it and save it?

I general would say: select the printer language (pcl, postscript, text, ...)
and save your data so that it can be sent unmodified to the printer later
from the commandline.

--
Espen Sand