List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: still cant get my paintevent!!! - More help needed.
From:       blackie () ifad ! dk (Jesper K !  Pedersen)
Date:       2000-04-29 18:00:33

Daniel Schmitt <pnambic@kidata.de> writes:

| Hi,
|
| Jesper Pedersen wrote:
| > I've tried to cut down the example, where I don't get the paintevent. The
| > whole example is shown below.

| I changed two things in the code you supplied:
Sorry for that..... I renamed the files on the fly and forgot that the name
of the header file was located in the .cpp file.

| Anyway, I then compiled and ran it, and resized it a bit to get it to
| repaint. Here's the sequence of events:

YES, and this is the point! You *resize* the window to *get* the paint
event!  Shouldn't you have got your paintevent when the window was build
and shown in the first place?!

Anyway. if you only had one Label rather than two in the example, then you
*actually* get the paint event when drawing the widget.

If I'm not supposed to rely on a paint event when drawing the widget, how
should I get the initial content draw then?

Attached is the files along with a tmake file for my example.