List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: still cant get my paintevent!!!
From:       Espen Sand <espensa () online ! no>
Date:       2000-04-29 15:43:16

On Sat, 29 Apr 2000, Jesper Pedersen wrote:
> Hi.
> I've tried to cut down the example, where I don't get the paintevent. The
> whole example is shown below.

SNIP

Hi, I have attached a minimalistic (pure) Qt program that has I have verified
on my machine. It prints "EspenWidget::paintEvent" when I expect it. Extend
the widget step by step and see where it stops working when you use it in your
program. (compile it as a standalong Qt program first as well)

--
Espen Sand

["widget.pro" (text/plain)]

HEADERS   =  widget.h
SOURCES   =  widget.cc
TARGET    =  widget

["widget.h" (text/x-c++)]

#ifndef _WIDGET_H_
#define _WIDGET_H_

#include <qwidget.h>

class EspenWidget : public QWidget
{
  Q_OBJECT

  public:
    EspenWidget( QWidget *parent=0, const char *name=0, WFlags flag=0 );

  protected:
    virtual void paintEvent( QPaintEvent *e );
};

#endif

["widget.cc" (text/x-c)]

#include "widget.h"
#include <qapplication.h>
#include <iostream>

EspenWidget::EspenWidget( QWidget *parent, const char *name, WFlags flag )
  :QWidget( parent, name, flag )
{
  cout << "EspenWidget::EspenWidget" << endl;
}

void EspenWidget::paintEvent( QPaintEvent * )
{
  cout << "EspenWidget::paintEvent" << endl;
}

int main( int argc, char **argv )
{
  QApplication app( argc, argv );

  EspenWidget *topLevel = new EspenWidget();
  topLevel->show();

  int returnCode = app.exec();
  return returnCode;
}