List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: OT: Group pat on the back...
From:       Dan Pilone <pilone () slac ! com>
Date:       2000-04-29 5:34:09

On Sat, 29 Apr 2000, Robert D. Williams wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Apr 2000, mosfet wrote:
> > Dan Pilone wrote:
> > > system.  I'm using the ModernSystem, the highcolor style, with the
> > > atlas green and the animated menus, and it is just plain beautiful..

> I agree 100%.  It is so nice to see KDE get better daily.  Where are the
> animated menus hidden?  Is there a control for it?

	I hacked mosfet's animated menu code (which was originally based on Mario's
animated menu code) to get it working again.  I committed it into the
highcolor scheme, and it will be part of mosfet's upcoming theme
configuration.  Anyway, right now it defaults to off.  If you're building
your own snapshots, just simply change line 1533 in
kdelibs/kstyles/highcolor/hcstyle.cpp from:

  if (config->readBoolEntry("AnimateMenus", false))

  if (config->readBoolEntry("AnimateMenus", true))

and build that.  There's only one animation, sliding from left to right.  I'm
using it and am really happy with it.  There is one bug though, where the
focus isn't working quite right, meaning you can pop up a menu for one
window, and with focus follows mouse get into another window and pop up
another menu.  I'm trying to figure out what the heck is happening but just
can't seem to find the problem.  Other than that it seems to be working
nicely (and I didn't even think I'd like animated menus...) -- Dan