List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Some UI nits .... and questions
From:       Paul Campbell <paul () taniwha ! com>
Date:       2000-04-29 4:50:36

I finally managed to snarf a tree that would build (and found and fixed a
laptop monitor bug ...) - things are looking better and better. Along the way I
found a couple of UI things I'd like to query:

1) as an old-time Mac user (no, I don't use the 'macos menu bar')  I like the
text-hilite paradigm of a hiliter-pen. To do this in KDE1 you set the hilite
text to 'black' (it really should be 'unchanged' but sadly there's no way to do
this) and the hilite background to a color like a hiliter pen (I like a very
light fluorescent like green). So far so good - this all still works great in
KDE 2 .... except that now when you do this the Xs in UI check boxes also turn
to the same florescent green which makes them virtually impossible to see and
they also look really tacky - shouldn't these two things be seperately
configurable?

2) my laptop battery monitor sits in the dock - I finally figured out that you
now have to start a dock aplet in order to see it - is there a way for this to
be started automatically? or by default (ideally I want a user who has checked
the 'show battery monitor' box in the laptop battery control panel to get that
battery monitor icon in the dock without having to do anything else)

3) when I started multiple docks by mistake things got rather
wierd ... and when I started multiple sets of window buttons I couldn't get rid
of the extras .... I suspect it's just that I don't understand this stuff well
enough yet (which probably means it's really hard for a naive user)

	thanks for any feedback

	Paul Campbell
	paul@taniwha.com