List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: cvs kde compile fails
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-04-28 17:16:29

Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:

> kdelibs-20000428.tar.bz2
>
> "make install-strip" leads to this result:
>
> make[4]: Entering directory /usr/src/kde2/kdelibs/ksgmltools'
> /bin/sh ../admin/mkinstalldirs "/usr/local/kde/bin"
>  /usr/bin/install -c -s kdb2html /usr/local/kde/bin/kdb2html
> strip: /usr/local/kde/bin/kdb2html: File format not recognized
> /usr/bin/install: strip failed
> make[4]: *** [install-binSCRIPTS] Error 1
>
> it's a bad idea to strip scripts ... ;-)

Well, then don't install-strip :)

Actually I have no idea how this is supposed to work. automake
knows about INSTALL_SCRIPT, but autoconf sets it to INSTALL_PROGRAM,
which is set to install -s in case of install-strip. I would blame
autoconf

Greetings, Stephan

--
It said Windows 95 or better, so in theory Linux should run it
                                                GeorgeH on /.