List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch to help with Qt command line args
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! TU-Berlin ! DE>
Date:       2000-04-26 23:51:46

On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 08:21:13PM +0100, David Faure wrote:

Hi,

> Hmm, you added all of them.
> At least title makes no sense (KDE has --caption) and I'm not sure

-title _does_ make sense, as it is a traditional commandline-parameter in
older unix-apps. E.g. I once tried the quake3-demo, and the installer (a
shell-script) launched a terminal (one of xterm, rxvt, eterm, ... and the
first one it looked for was konsole). Well, the installer aborted, because
konsole -title "Quake Installer" wouldn't work. Really frustrating for
someone who doesn't know.
What about accepting -title but not adding the documentation for it?

Cheers,
Carsten Pfeiffer
--
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/1632/