List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Gdb really slow to start a program?
From:       Mike Rolig <mrolig () macalester ! edu>
Date:       2000-04-26 16:37:03

I'm trying to use ddd / gdb to debug a KDE app.  When I start the
program it takes FOREVER to start up, I've got a break point in main()
and it takes at least a minute with one CPU spiked the whole time!  My
guess is that this all has to do with symbol look up, etc.  I don't have
this problem with a "normal" Qt app.  Anyone have any clues that would
make it take so long?  Any configuration tweaks I should do?

Thanks

Mike

Vital statistics:
GNU gdb 19990928
DDD 3.1.3 (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
kernel 2.2.12
g++ 2.95.2
GNU ld 2.9.5
Kde 2 from cvsup 4/25/2000 (early morning by GMT)