On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 12:24:21AM +0200, Daniel Naber wrote: > On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, David Faure wrote: > > > Out of interest, why do you want all mimetypes ? > > KMail guesses the mime type of any file you attach (via KMimeMagic). Since > it's often wrong I want to have a combo box with all the alternatives. > > BTW, KMimeMagic is often wrong because I attach short diffs, which leads to > text/x-c, test/x-c++ or even text/c-java (all for C++ diffs). Maybe we can > change KMimeMagic so it uses the file's extension if there is any (at least > optionally). Opinions? KMimeType::findByURL uses extensions and when that fails, uses KMimeMagic as a fallback. But since those are attachments, you can't use KMimeType::findByURL I guess (unless you put them in /tmp first ?) In any case, please don't change KMimeMagic, since usually finding by extension happens first. What you could do though, would be something similar to what KMimeType::findByURL does (i.e. uses KSycoca's fast lookup-from-extension method) : KMimeType * mime = KServiceTypeFactory::self()->findFromPattern( fileName ); HTH. David. -- David FAURE, david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org http://home.clara.net/faure/ KDE, Making The Future of Computing Available Today See http://www.kde.org/kde1-and-kde2.html for how to set up KDE 2