Bill Soudan wrote: > > On Fri, 21 Apr 2000, mosfet wrote: > > > I can imagine it being a nasty hack adding it, and I feel somewhat > > awkward strongly advocating an architecture point about software I just > > use and don't contribute to. Everything stated here is just my opinion > > as a user of the library, but I hope a vaild one ;-) > > A few more cents :) I agree with everything mosfet has said. > > No one's brought up the end-user perspective yet, I don't think. You > probably don't want end-users saying 'ugh, this Konqueror is much slower > my old file browser X' when they're copying megabytes of local files > around their computer. And I doubt most of them would be willing to trade > off this speed so konqueror can handle every popular network protocol on > the internet, *which to them isn't a big deal*. They've probably never > even used such a thing in their life. The average user, using more common > desktop environments, doesn't have the luxury of accessing ftp sites in > their file manager. Sucks to be them :) > KIO uses normal copy for copying local files around! We were talking about a completly different thing - copying from http: or smb: Greetings, Stephan -- It said Windows 95 or better, so in theory Linux should run it GeorgeH on /.