List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Jive translation?
From:       Ian Zepp <icszepp () islc ! net>
Date:       2000-04-22 15:33:29

This can up quietly in a thread a few days past, and I was bored so
I went out and put together an english to jive translator. Before you
get all huffy though..

<flamesuit on>

Just the other day I switched out the question file for an IRC game bot,
from english to english-jive. Most people playing took a while to get
used to it, but ended up liking it. A few though (including the owner
of the bot) raised hell, because it was potentially offensive. Well, I
didn't think so, but then again I can't speak for everyone.

</flamesuit>

Long story short, I ran a copy of the kde-i18n template files though
the translator, and the result can be found at:

http://www.edotorg.org/kde/en_jive.i18n.tar.gz

I haven't visually checked most of the files in there, but I ran some
tests before converting the whole thing, and it should have parsed
correctly.

Well, you asked for it. There it is. Use it at your discretion. :)

Regards

Ian