List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: low performance of kio
From:       Lotzi Boloni <boloni () cs ! purdue ! edu>
Date:       2000-04-21 20:42:51

> Just to re-iterate, I was *not* trying to say konqueror *IS* slower than
> file manager X.  I was trying to say *if* konqueror is slower than most
> other file managers out there, that's bad.  I haven't done any benchmarks
> myself, so I purposely did not draw any conclusions.

  Ok, a quick test shows

  642MB CD image file, copied from one harddrive to another:

konqi: 5 min 40 sec
mc: 5 min 32 sec.

  So I think that there is nothing to be discussed about the copying
issue. We all agree that if a KDE program is 10 times slower than another
program that's not a good thing. It is not the case.

        Lotzi