List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Icon paths
From:       Geert Jansen <g.t.jansen () stud ! tue ! nl>
Date:       2000-04-17 19:31:22

Talin wrote:

> Now, I'm learning about icon paths and filesystem use. One thing I would
> like to be able to do is use BarIcon() to load icons which are in my
> project directory - that is, I would like to modify the search path so
> that I don't have to actually install the application in order to test
> it. I've searched through the KDE programming manual, read the source
> code of KIconLoader and others, but I don't quite get it yet. Any
> suggestions?

This is not officially supported, and very hacky, but this should work:

in the shell:

  export KDEDIRS=$KDEDIRS:/

and in your source:

  KGlobal::dirs()->addResource("appicon", "/my/absolute/path/");

But it's easier to install the icons to ~/.kde/share/icons/pics

Greetings,
--
    Geert Jansen                       email: <g.t.jansen at stud.tue.nl>
    Phylosopher, Physicist,                    email: <jansen at kde.org>