List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdesu problem
From:       Geert Jansen <g.t.jansen () stud ! tue ! nl>
Date:       2000-04-16 15:07:12

Emily Ezust wrote:

> I just tried to use kdesu to see how it looks (pretty, btw!)

Thanks.

> but it doesn't seem to know how to validate my password.
> Here's the output:
> Using void socket security. Please add support for your
> platform to kdesu/kdesud/secure.cpp
> kdesud: PING
> int StubProcess::ConverseStub(bool): Unknown request: -->stop<--
> int SuProcess::exec(const char *, int = 0): Converstation with
> kdesu_stub failed

For some reason, local echo doesn't get disabled in StubProcess::
ConverseStub(). The "stop" command is written to the pty, and
read right back.

I don't really have an idea why that is. The code in PtyProcess::
enableLocalEcho() seems correct to me. What kind of ptys does your system
have (Unix98 or legacy)? Does is happen always?

> The secure.cpp file says "Under Linux, socket_security is supported".
> I'm definitely using Linux (Debian-based). Does anyone have any ideas?

The socket security feature is enabled when the SO_PEERCRED socket option
is defined. Can you check why you don't have this feature?

Greetings,
--
    Geert Jansen                       email: <g.t.jansen at stud.tue.nl>
    Phylosopher, Physicist,                    email: <jansen at kde.org>