List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: another libtool problem
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-04-14 9:51:56

On Fri, Apr 14, 2000 at 12:22:56PM +0200, Michele Baldessari wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, David Faure wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Apr 12, 2000 at 10:53:19PM +0100, Rik Hemsley wrote:
> > > #if David Faure
> > >
> > > Is that wise ? :)
> > >
> > Yes, you don't need them unless you want to compile KDE-1 apps.
> > Note that I said *.so, not *.so.*
> > This means that you still keep your libs (*.so.number...) and KDE-1 apps
> > still run fine. RPM users will notice that the xyz-devel package include the
> > .so, not the xyz package itself, for the same reason : needed only for
> > compiling.
> Ok,
> did everything and everything compiles fine. But I have this
> question:
> how is the situation where I'd like to be able to compile both Kde version
> applications, handled?
> I did try to mess with LD_LIBRARYPATH or ld.so.conf but no results...

If you remove both from ld.so.conf, avoid putting qt/kde 1.x in system
locations (/usr/lib), and set LD_LIBRARY_PATH according
to the version you want to compile ($QTDIR/lib:$KDEDIR/lib)
it should work fine.

See http://www.kde.org/kde1-and-kde2.html for small scripts that
set all the necessary env. vars for kde1 and kde2 (compilation/running).

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org