List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: There is something wrong with today's admin dir
From:       Michael Matz <matzmich () cs ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2000-04-14 6:56:30

On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Mark Deneen wrote:

> You know, I was doing autoconf stuff over here, and trying to figure out why
> it was not working.
>
> Now I know!  =]
>
> Even after I removed my kde1 libs (never use them), it still misses libdl for
> some reason.

Relink all libraries with the new libtool. (throw away .libs dirs and all
*.la and *.al files)

> On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Lotzi Boloni wrote:
> > For me it generates a libtool command which includes a reference to
> > /usr/lib/kdeui.so which of course is the KDE 1.1. For other libraries puts
> > /opt/kde/... which is correct.
> >
> >   KDEDIR is set to /opt/kde, and btw configure correctly detected the path
> > to KDE as /opt/kde
> >
> >   Replacing the admin dir with one from April 10, solved the problem.
> >
> >   I don't have any idea of what going on.

libtool now more closely imitates a normal linker. They first search in
/lib and /usr/lib for .so files to link against. Never have .so files in
standard search paths, if you don't want to link against them.

See also http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-devel&m=95558192413351&w=2 and other
related mails on kde-core-devel.

Ciao,
Michael.