List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kicker developement branch merged
From:       Takacs Sandor <taki () makosteszta ! sote ! hu>
Date:       2000-04-13 23:12:21

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000, mosfet wrote:

> Well, I understood what you wrote above ;-) Don't worry about bad
> english, I speak it natively and half of the time mine is shit as well
> :P

Ok, I'll try to write it:
Why not use kicker $KDEDIR/lib/kicker to store plugins? If it use this dir
kcmkicker will be more coooool :)
1. With a little loop kckicker able to find the available plugins.
2. In every plugin has a special function, which returns with a structure:
  a. name of plugin
  b. short description of the plugin
  c. Type of plugin (clock, pager, taskbar, ...)
  d. name of a png-file with the snapshot of plugin
  e. name of a function, which will be call when user select
	Preferencies/Configure in RMB menus. This function useable by
	kcmkicker too.
3. So, kicker use only one of every type of plugin (one clock, one
pager, etc.) kcmkicker able to sort plugins by type to some combobox,
every type has a combobox :)
4. When user select something from a combo, the kcmkicker show him a
preview which collected from the snapshot images of plugins.

So, what do you say?

--
Takika