List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Image viewers
From:       Chris Lee <nytehorse () inficad ! com>
Date:       2000-04-10 6:21:15

Oh, I use BeOS all the time when I'm not in Linux! I think it's absolutely great;
however, I'm all for making KDE even better, and by using BeOS as something of a
model to work after (they do employ some great UI experts there) I think we can
always make KDE better. This just seemed to me to be confusing; how could anyone here
explain to a non-technical user why it is that there are three image viewers? Any
sane person who isn't a computer expert will be confused.

Also, I didn't notice any response to this issue in an earlier post: Somebody ought
to take a look at the KFileOpen dialog. If you try looking in a directory where
there's a file with a really long name and hold the mouse pointer over the name, the
name fills out with a little popup label. Now, if you keep holding the mouse over
that file, but move it onto the icon for the file, it duplicates the popup label.
Somebody want to fix that?

-Chris