List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: konsole ignores settings
From:       Malte Starostik <starosti () zedat ! fu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2000-04-10 1:49:14

Thorsten Westheider wrote:

> Another one: Beginning with this snapshot I can't type the
> character '~' any longer in konsole - hitting 'Alt Gr' (which
> is the meta key for '~') opens the 'About KDE' dialog (I
> really dislike that).

To me it looks like a Qt bug. I didn't debug very far, but somewhere
when the menus are built, QAccel::insertItem() gets called from
QPopupMenu::updateAccel() with a key value of 0xffff. This value
reappears passed to find_key() (qaccel.cpp) when you hit AltGr. I don't
know which menu item set its accel key to this value (debugging QStrings
isn't that funny). Could some catch up, please? This really sucks.
BTW: You *can* type the tilde when you're fast enough to hit the + key
before the dialog appears. Bad workaround, though.
-Malte

--
Gemäß $28 BDSG widerspreche ich unter Strafandrohung der
Speicherung/Nutzung meiner Daten zu kommerziellen Zwecken.