List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: App-starting notification. Request for comments.
From:       Malte Starostik <starosti () zedat ! fu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2000-04-10 0:35:41

> You can see the app's res_name by doing xprop, clicking on the
> window and looking for 'WM_CLASS(STRING)' in the output. There
> should be two strings.
>
> For example, I get this for gvim:
> WM_CLASS(STRING) = "VIM", "Vim"

xmms sets WM_CLASS to "XMMS_Player", "xmms" for the player window
and to "XMMS_Playlist", "xmms" for the playlist.
I need to set XClassHintResName to "XMMS_Player" for the starting panel
entry to be correctly removed.
I don't quite understand this neccessity (sp?) as the second entry in
the property is "xmms" and equals the binary's and .desktop's name.
-Malte

--
In a world without Walls and Fences,
who needs Windows and Gates?