List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdeutils Makefile generation problem?
From:       Michael Matz <matzmich () cs ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2000-04-05 21:32:21

Hi,

On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Lotzi Boloni wrote:
>   I get the same error for any makefile I generate with the new admin
> stuff. There most be some problem with the new perl makefile generator.

What perl are you using (perl -v), what autoconf (autoconf --version)?
I'm compiling kdeutils as we speak without any errors so far. It would be
nice if you can configure with --disable-fast-perl, and send me
(privately) the config.status file to <matz@ifh.de>

Also, what does configure say after the line 'Doing fast build of....'
(including that line, until the last 'creating bla/Makefile' message)

are you using srcdir==builddir?

> On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Emily Ezust wrote:
> > Has anyone made kdeutils lately? I'm getting garbled Makefiles from
> > configure. For ark, it complained there was a missing separator, and
> > on that line I found this, just sitting in the middle of nowhere:
> >
> >  /home/emilye/kde/kdeutils/admin/missing makeinfo

Can you send me the Makefile (without modification), the Makefile.in, and
config.status to <matz@ifh.de> (please not to the list)

> > I commented it out and got a really weird error. I tried kwrite to see
> > if it was just my code doing this, and got the very same thing:
> >
> > make: -c: Command not found
> > àW
> > @àW
> > @Makefile:442: no file name for `-include'

Uhh. There are some strange characters in @...@ left. Unless there is
something wrong with the perl script, they are from the Makefile.in.

Ciao,
Michael.